Friday, April 12, 2013

'K' is for Keeping My Day Job


Time moves forward in steady ticks of a measured clock,
I listen, intent for knowledge and direction to our rendezvous.
My heart listens for your approach, needing you near me.
I pause but the forest is empty.

Perhaps the day long avoided has arrived and you,
Longing to stay were unable to delay the appointment.
For truth and death wait for no one, least of all you.
The one who mocked the Specter

And so alone I must go on, bearing the memory of you
With me as I flee before the righteous frenzy.
Perhaps one day the heavens will grant up mercy.
Until then we must wait, apart.

Alas for truth, whose bite is so cruel to lovers.
If not for justice ours would be a lost tale for all ages.
But now I must go, before the final nail is set in my back.
I pause, but the forest is still empty.


I've never been much for poetry, but thought I might give it a whirl. But now, "Blazing Saddles" is starting, and I need a good laugh!.

Tomorrow, or so, will be 'L'

1 comment:

  1. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    ReplyDelete