Friday, January 27, 2012

It Is Elementary...

..That I do not like to have my picture taken. For this reason I have always been the person working the camera, so I won't be caught by surprise. Also my weights yo-yos and illness didn't always lend to great pictures plus I have had silver hair since my son was born 24 years ago. It was hard to be grey when all my friends were still blond. So for years I colored my hair to just about every shade of blond and light brunette that Loriel every made.

Alas, soon the hair color no longer worked, not even when done professionally and I decided to bite the bullet and be the first of my 'crowd' to let it go natural. Of course, my helpful Hubby promised to straighten up his own mess, starting that if I looked my age he would act his. Well the hair is silver but some days, HH is more trouble than my son who is 23 and Hyper Active!.

However a new picture was needed as an author's photo for the new book, CATALYST: Guardian Rising so with much apprehension I contacted a few photographers whose numbers I obtained from our local barter collective. One called me right back, Gina C Photography. It took a week from session to final edit and she was a delight to work with.

So the end result if on its way to the publisher and can also be found on my facebook page. Personally for a 49 year old who works outside most of the year I think I look awesome. And for the first time in a while, I kinda feel awesome too.

No comments:

Post a Comment