Thursday, February 25, 2010

Where is Spring?

The advertising slogan of a tv station here in town used to be, "You miss a day, you miss a lot", and that is how I feel today. I've missed some of the Olympics, I've missed some of my days and most of all I miss my mind. With writing a book you develope a disconnect from the rest of your regular daily life and your family. Everything becomes about your characters and their life. Everything in your life tends to either disappear or get ignored. I am know dealing with the aftermath.

Today is almost the end of February. Spring is supposed to be around the corner, yet up north they are having a snow hurricane. It is cold and windy and I cannot help but compare some of our climate issues with the Bible verse "As you sow, so shall you reap". While I am not an avid follower of Al Gore I do believe we are being ignorant in our attitude toward our natural environment. We do not have another planet to move to once we destroy this one.

That said, I am about to embark on launching my book accompanying blog. Am I scare? Dang right! But, it needs to be done. I once said I would rather write a speech than give one. This is similar to that emotion. So I am going to write a speech every day, while writing as another person. Can I do it? I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment