Thursday, February 18, 2010

Today is the first day...

I am writing a book. I am officially out of my mind. There must be forty-eleven people at any given time who are also writing a book. Some of them are doing so because that is what they wanted to be in life - an author. Some of them are so called "experts" in their particular fields. I am neither.

Sure, there was a time in my life when all I wanted was to write a book. But then I thought - who am I that anyone would want to read what I think is interesting or facinating? But maybe, just maybe, there are some people out there who are looking for a good fantasy book that appeals to young adults and, more importantly, female. That's who I want to write for.

I love Science Fiction. Reading Robert Heinlein and Arthur C. Clarke and J.R.R. Tolkein changed my life as a teenager by opening up new lines of thought, new worlds I had seen in my dreams. I don't think of myself as your typical "sci fi" nerd. But I will proudly admit my allegiance to "Battlestar Galactica" and "Star Trek". I love books by Stephen Donaldson and dream of the day my book might be on the shelf along side my heros.

Will that happen? I certainly hope so. But everone has to start somewhere. So - here I go. Off into the cybervoid. Fire up the rocket honey, it's gong to be a wild ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment