Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March Madness

Today is the first Wednesday in March, which means Insecure Writer's Support Group blog hop. (Gee, I hope I am still on the list!)

I'm having a hard time getting focused. Currently on my computer there are four WIPs that at any time I could finish up and start editing, but lately all I feel capable of is existing. My energy is at an all time low and creatively my mind is all over the place.

Every story line is different, so you think I would be able to focus on either saving my action hero and his wife from the mad bomber who is chasing them, or help the poor soul I've left floundering in a morass of negative emotions due to personal angst. Perhaps I could work on my werewolves who are being encroached by humans and are looking to move to the wilds of Canada to live free, or send my alter-ego into the fray to fight against darkness and tyranny.

Or perhaps, I'll grab a bowl of cereal and sit in the recliner watching back to back episodes of "Cheaters" and wondering if my helpful hubby needs stalking, I mean watching.

Wow, I need a break.

I need to sit on the beach with my toes in the sand contemplating the tan of Joey the Cabana Boy as he brings me another virgin Strawberry Daiquiri. I need to stare into the horizon and wonder at the magnitude of our world and our place in it. But perhaps, most of all, I need peace in my life.

I have a teenage daughter going through the pains of first love, a grown son with a touch of hypochondria, and a husband so ready to retire he spends as little time in the office as he can get away with. I need something. I'm not sure what it is, but the feeling of being put upon is growing by the day. If things don't reach equilibrium soon, there might be an incident which may or may not land me on the 6:00 news.

Don't get me wrong, I love my family. Maybe this is just a mid-life crisis rearing its ugly head, but my writing is suffering and I'm looking for answers not more questions. Some days my heart feels it will explode from the effort of remaining smiling and pleasant.

But don't forget to keep an eye on the headlines - after all, I am a writer. I kill people in my head everyday. The real trick is to not do it in real life.

9 comments:

  1. Yes, Nancy, the trick is not killing them in real life! lol. Btw, I didn't see your name on the IWSG list on the IWSG website, but on another member's blogs, they had you down as #327. You might want to check and make sure your still on the official list. Nice to meet you! Best of luck to you and your writing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did check and signed up again. I know they remove you if you don't blog for several months and I've been a bad blogger for several months. But things will get better I truly believe it!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Yep. Every once in a while life comes around and rears it's ugly head. Go ahead and take a break for awhile. Maybe when it finally warms up again you'll get the sudden urge to write again. Glad you joined the IWSG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope as the days get longer I will get inspired. Georgia in Spring is beautiful place if I can just let get and enjoy.

      Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you're going through such a difficult time. But I'm glad you still have a sense of humor - I hope you don't end up on the evening news! At least not for anything bad, LOL.
    I hope things ease up for you soon. It's great to meet you through the IWSG. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Julie said, sense of humor helps everything! Try writing something just for fun, something that won't be submitted, something just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, it sounds like you have an acute case of winter blahs, and there has been a gray sky for every sigh you heave. I hope you get a massive dose of sunshine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh men! Can't live with them...but we do anyway-why??? lol Ever see the old movie "Mildred Pierce" There is a great line by Eve Arden in it..."Crocadiles have the right idea-they eat their young". Enjoy the TV and some chocolate and let their musings pass through one ear and out the other

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed with Elizabeth. Sending positive vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete