1) My mother was in a math honor society, my father was an aeronautic engineer and I have problems adding 2 + 2 without a calculator.
2) There was a family portrait of my great-great-great-great-great grandmother where the eyes followed where ever in the room you were standing. I would not go into that room after dark unless all the lights were on and someone came with me.
3) I love old movies. It is great to share with my parents movies they saw during the 30's, 40's, and 50s.
4) When I was in elementary school, my grandmother used to pick me up from school every day. It started being embarrassing about 5th grade, especially after the police stopped her one afternoon for driving 15mph in a 45.
5) My husband and I have worked together 24/7/365 for 17 years. It works because we are usually never stressed at the same time.
6) When I was a child, I used to think that if I didn't do things in the same order every day something bad would happen to me. That was the beginning of my OCD. I still do the same routine every morning: shower, moisturizer, teeth, makeup, hair. Steve thinks I am really weird.
7) I always wanted a dog as a child, but my mom and dad both had issues about dogs.
8) One of my favorite memories of my dad is from when I was a teenager. I worked at Six Flags and he and I got home from work about the same time every morning (God bless the night shift!). We would sit up for hours and discuss every time from politics to religion to absolutely meaningless crap, but it was great because it was just us two.
9) My brother, sister and I all married left handed people, but only one of our offspring is left handed (my sister's daughter).
10) My first boyfriend was from Cumming and grew up on a farm.
11) I had a near death experience as a child. It has shaped my view on Heaven, God and the afterlife ever since.
12) I love horses and always wanted to work with them until I found out there was no money in it. I love the time I spend volunteering at Blue Skies. Winston Churchill once said "There is something about the outside of the horse that is good for the inside of a man" and i firmly believe that is true.
13) I am scared of certain heights. I cannot dive, but I love roller coasters. I love glass elevators, but cannot stand at the edge and look down. I think it is because I was pushed off a high dive as a child. (By my swim teacher of all people!!)
14) My children are my greatest accomplishments. They are each amazing in different ways. I know they will be close even after Dad and Mom are long gone.
15) I would rather read a good book than watch a bad movie. Do not try to understand my reading tastes - they range from biography to science fiction. One summer I decided to read nothing but Russian novelists.
16) Soon my first book will be published. I think everyone will like it. At least, I hope so.
17) My sister and I were never close until we got older.
18) If I am your friend, know that I will stick up for you till hell freezes over unless you throw me under the bus. Then - it is on.
19) When we retire I want to spend at least a year travelling with Steve and the dogs in an RV. Afterward we can settle down and live out our days.
20) If I could go back and start again from, say 9th grade, I cannot think of many things that I would change.
21) My favorite sport is soccer.
22) I didn't think this would be as hard as it has been.
23) Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?
24) I only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials. The game itself (GO Steelers!!!) gets too slow.
25) I love my family and pray for them each every day.